So what have I been up to in this three weeks and what happened last week of school? Continue reading to find out!
Last week of school
- Make final lists of students that owes us books!! That normally involves telling the students, telling the teachers, emailing the older students and last call tell the parents! We want our students to be responsible for their library account so we contact parents around this time.
- Certificates, certificates, certificates! Our top readers should be celebrated, so I make certificates for our top readers and they are handed out on the End Of The Year Assembly.
- Do admin stuff: send work orders, meet with bosses multiple times to see what needs to be done during vacation, send more work orders!
- Kinder Moving On Ceremony!! I love this one, the little dudes look adorable and they always work extra hard when delivering their speeches. Adorable.
- Goodbyes, goodbye breakfast, goodbye lunch, goodbye dinner, goodbye party! Last week is all about goodbye and see you soon!
Overall it was a good end of the year. Seeing as I was coming back to work over the vacation it did not fell like a goodbye for me, that's still to come (2 more weeks!!)
School is closed...sort of
We had 8 kids: 5 middle school kids, 2 EC/K kids and one baby!! They were all super polite and adorable. We watched movies, went to the playground, paint and ate popcorn and drank juice!
As you can see in the pic, kids were pretty comfy and baby was happy so we were happy!
Working at a school with no students or teachers...
What I've read!
I've been wanting to read this book since it first came out. I work at a school library so I suggested it to my boss for our next book order and when our book order arrived I was over the moon! I started reading this and I gotta admit it got to a pretty good start and then for some reason I suddenly stopped reading it cause I dunno it kinda lost its magic I guess. I don't know how I feel about the book I like it and I know which students at my school library would enjoy it but at the same time I don't wanna disappoint them. It had a shitty ending I can tell you that now but then again how can you possibly end a book about a kid who's head is put on someone else's body? Crazy stuff but overall good read, not the best but still good.
You can check my Goodreads if you want more reviews!