This year our books were: Oh The Place You'll Go by Dr. Seuss and Millions by Frank Cottrell Boyce. Our first FFN, back in October was about Dr. Seuss, so this time FFN was about Millions. Our activities this year were:
- Booktionary: Like Pictionary but instead of things or activities we had book titles!
- Digital storytelling: Using Book Creator kids could create their own stories. For this we used 6 iPads.
- Million Dollar Smile Photobooth: As the title says, this was a photobooth, but before getting your picture take you created your own smiles. The materials for this were: white paper plates, marker,s scissors, a popsicle stick or straw and tape. We cut the paper plates in half and then each kid created their own mouth and then took a picture with it.
- Read-a-louds: we invited teachers and out school principal to read The Book With No Pictures.
- Make Your Own Piggy Banks: As the title said, kids made their own piggy banks with the template the teacher provided them with.
- 'Money Doesn't Grow On Trees' Windsocks: We created windsocks were kids could glue on printed fake money.
Last, but not least we had BOOKCART RACES!
This is a great community event, that brings together parents, students, and staff in a fun filled afternoon. Everyone has fun, eats some healthy snacks and we even have a book raffle running throughout the event.