When dealing with students you have to be prepared for anything. I arrive at school and I am greeted with 'MIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!'. That's my cue to smile and ask 'yes?'. The answer to my smile is usually some major drama:
- I have to print and printer is not working! (When did you send it? Give it a minute, look now it's working! You just need to be patient)
- I MUST READ THE LATEST JOHN GREEN BOOK! (Yes well, you and the entire grade level would like to do the same, tell me your name and I'll add you to the waiting list)
- I need a quick book for my next lesson (Here's an awesome book about two young paranormal detec...oh you don't want that? Sorry? No sweetie that's a TV show)
- Can I check this book? (Yes of course! What's your last name?)
- Miss did you ran out of batteries? (Yes...wait what?)
This particular question "Miss did you ran out of batteries?" had to do with the fact that there was a 10 liter bottle of water filled to the top with batteries, used batteries that we were then gonna take to the supermarket where they had a bigger bin to recycle them.
Today I'll be discussing some of the things students have told me over the years, from the hilarious ones to the cheeky ones.